advantages and disadvantages of wave power
Wave power is renewable energy (green energy). Because of the cost and environment problems with the crude oil and other conventional energy, more and more ideas about how to extract energy from waves are being proposed.
Below let us check the advantages and disadvantages of wave power.
Advantages of wave energy
1. The wave energy is free. No fuel needed, and no waste produced.
2. Not expensive to operate and maintain wave power.
3. Can produce a great deal of energy.
Disadvantages of wave power (wave energy)
1. Depends on the waves. Thus sometimes you'll get loads of energy, sometimes almost nothing.
2. Needs a suitable site to utilize wave energy, where waves are consistently strong.
3. Some designs are noisy. In fact then again, so are waves, so any noise is unlikely to be a problem.
4. Must be able to withstand very rough weather.